home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Our Christmas Living Room

And finally some pics of our basement living room! (I still managed to sneak in the dreaded white feather wreath! haha) I had posted this a couple of days ago & then unposted it thinking I woud tweak it a bit more & put it back on when ppl were blogging again but you caught me! :)

Here's a quick before picture so you get the idea. My parents used it for a catch-all:


The hutch (below) is from that salvage yard I always talk about, Lucketts. It is so insanely practical & the back is solid oak beadboard. It's huge & the bottom is filled with baskets of Christian's toys that we can just shove inside. It makes for such an easy clean-up!


Here's out little entry area where we layer lots of family photos & mementos:

Luckily when we moved in, I was able to use drapes & shades I already had. The first thing we did was repaint the paneling:

My mom gave us this little cubby shelf from Target which has ended up being so useful! All the magazines coming in get tossed there & we've still got room for books & toys. I also tucked in some silver accents in there for winter which hide toys & crayons. The lamp was my mom's & used to be blue but I painted it to match the puddy-colored walls.

Here's our tuckered-out pup, Ashby. The shelf behind her is from Ikea & houses my samples & catalogs.

Here's the view in from the back entry:

And, here's our tree! I've still never really figured out what to do up top so I threw up some white roses temporarily. Anyone have any ideas for next year?


Well, hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!!

xoxoxoxo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment