home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cypress Sprig Luminaries



Yes, more fresh pine sprigs!  I saw a similar project to this in BHG mag a few years back.  I have all my fresh sprigs from my chandelier project and I didn't want them to go to waste.  I'm loving the look and smell of natural elements in my Christmas decor.  So, check these out.



I started with these squared vases I picked up at the thrift store for $1 each. (woohoo!)  Grabbed my spray adhesive, scissors, clippers and I was set.  I found four pieces of the branches that were similar to each other and sprayed them with the adhesive.  You'll want a heavy duty spray.



I waited a minute until they were just tacky.  Then took one at a time and positioned them on each side of the vase.  I lined them up so the tops were pretty close to the same height.  Don't worry about the bottom, you will be trimming in a bit.




I pressed them around until they were set.  Then I trimmed around the bottom and all the edges to clean her up.



Finished off with a simple tie of ribbon, which I already had.  This is a nice touch and helps the keep the pine secure as well.  I then dropped in a couple small candles and I was done!  You could put in some stones or sand as well in the bottom.  Think how nice to have 2 or more lined up together.  They look so pretty at night with the glow coming through the greenery. ( I didn't get a good pic)




I think these turned out beautimous and for {seriously} only a couple bucks and about 15 minutes!  Can't beat that!!  I just need to find a nice spot for them.  I still have more fresh stuff so you may be seeing some more projects with them. ;)


I've linked up with The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday.  Check it out.  Lots of great stuff!

The Shabby Chic Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment