home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter Pine Chandelier



This is so simple but has such an impact and you could do it for little or no cost.  I saw something like this a few years ago in a magazine. Of course I had to add a bit to it. ;) So, first things first. Pine Sprigs. You could totally go in your yard and cut a few springs from a tree, or if you have a real Christmas tree, trim pieces off the bottom. Faux pine sprigs would work as well, but I love the smell of fresh pine. I have a faux tree, so I try to put some real pine around to help bring the smell in.


I first took my ornaments and tied them to some beautiful ribbon. I cut the ribbon in 4 different lengths to have them hang each a little differently. (I forgot to take pics, sorry)  You could get creative with your ornaments.  I just used some balls I had left from my tree.  Next, I started layering on the pine.  I had three different types.  You may need to wire parts to the light.  They way mine is, I was able to sort of wedge them in.  Keep layering until you get your desired thickness and overall look.  There is no wrong or right.  You could do a little or a lot.  Just have fun!!







I changed the bulbs in my light to 40 watt to keep the heat down.  This room gets enough light that we don't turn this on a lot.  If you have more exposed bulbs or a light that gets hot you will want to be careful. (that was for my Dad ;) )  You can also mist your pine to keep it from drying too much.  I did this last year with no problems.



I also made coordinating little swags for my chairs.  A very simple look that is super easy as well.  I just tied on a few sprigs with the ribbon and a ball ornament.  So sweet!  A natural, rustic elegance.





Thanks for looking!  I will be linking up at Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Night Special, It's So Very Cheri, DYI Showoff and ASPTL DYI Day.



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special








DIY Day @ ASPTL

The DIY Show Off

No comments:

Post a Comment