home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Room We {never} Dine In

IMG_0547 

I realized there are quite a few rooms in my home that I haven’t shared with you.  So I am going to start today by showing you our formal dining room.     

IMG_0589 IMG_0592

IMG_0593 

The dining set was my Great Grandmothers and I feel so lucky to have it.  You know I love sentimental items and I think it is beautiful.   The table has another leaf and total of 6 chairs so when I do need more table space I have it.

IMG_0563

To add a touch of fall I hung the straw wreaths on both sides of the hutch with ribbon and put some {free} pinecones on my cake stand I made.

IMG_0567IMG_0537        

Even though we rarely eat in this room I walk by it 100 times a day and it makes me smile.  As are most rooms in my home, this is still a work in progress.  I would like a rug to ground the table and although I think the light is beautiful, I sometimes feel like it is too heavy for the table.  But that is the fun of it right? Constantly tweaking things and changing things up is what I do. ;)

IMG_0565

What makes me love this room even more is that everything in here was either given to me, found at a garage sale/thrift store or on purchased at super duper clearance prices.  (i.e. my $3.99 curtains!)

Linking up…

Kelly’s Korner Show us Where You Live

No comments:

Post a Comment