home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Humane Turkey

Thanksgiving Heritage Turkey 8-10 lbs - Shipping IncludedI am very excited about Thanksgiving this year, it'll be small (4 people) but my first time hosting.  I love Thanksgiving it is my favorite holiday.  Having family close, cooking, the energy of the whole house, the sides.  The sides are the best thing about Thanksgiving to me.  Turkey is a side for me, the majority of my plate is filled with mashed potatoes.



This year, being a humane consumer of meat, I purchased a Heritage Turkey from Heritage Foods USA.  My turkey was not cheap, but I am buying an animal that was cared for and has a worth to it's life.  Heritage Turkeys are endangered, the way to save them is to eat them.  If there is no demand for these rare birds, the supply will diminish.



I encourage everyone to seek out a turkey that has been Certified Humane.  Buy a turkey from a small local farmer that you trust.  When you buy a turkey in these conditions your meal will taste better and you will feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment