home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is Spring Here Yet?


Are you ready for spring as much as I am?!  I have had fun getting started on some spring custom orders as well as stuff for my Etsy shop!  I want to share this sweetly simple arrangement I made for my home with mostly things I had.

I am first to admit I have a slight obsession with moss.  I don't know...I love it.  I found these crazy cool moss sheets at JoAnns.  I was going to be a really good blogger friend and remember the exact name, etc. so you could find it if you wanted.  BUT...I didn't.  Sorry.  (But I will find it and update the post ASAP.)  Anyway, it came as a 24x24 inch sheet.  It is moss attached to a nylon backing.  This makes it really easy to cut into shapes and attach to whatever you'd like.  They even say you can reuse.  I quite like it!


I decided to wrap it around a sturdy cardboard box I had.  I wanted a moss container, so why not use something FREE and cover it?  I just measured, cut and secured with hot glue. 

Next, I filled 'er with some foam and started adding in my flowers.  I grouped together 3 sets of 3 little tulips and arranged them in my foam.  Then I added some Queen Anne's Lace Flowers as a filler.  I wanted this packed in pretty thick, so I kept adding until I got the look I wanted.  I had all these tulips left over from another project and my grandma gave me the QA's. So that means F R E E. :)  We like that right?



Once, I got all the QA's Lace in I decided I wanted my Tulips to pop out a bit higher.  So, I removed them and simply added a longer stem (I used the stems I cut off of my QA's Lace) with floral tape, and placed them back in.



For the finishing touch I put in a small tie of ribbon on one of the corners.  This was a fun little project which included very little money or time and it's feeling warmer already!! ;)









Linking up...

Someday Crafts 
It's So Very Cheri


Life in the Pitts

No comments:

Post a Comment