home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh Lordy

I bought a rosewood sofa on craigslist a few weeks ago.  It had been purchased in the early seventies for over $5000, so I was told.  It has no cushions, had been sitting outside for months turning gray.  The veneer is peeling.  The springs, however are in great condition.  The frame is solid, near impossible for two people to move easily.  My plan is this, once it gets warmer, I will glue the veneer down as much as possible.  I will sand the wood as gently as I can.  Put a little Wipe-on Poly to refresh the wood finish.  If this doesn't work, it is getting a good coating of spray paint.  Then I have to work on the reupholstery...  And this is what it is supposed to look like. PS- while I have no proof, I think this might be a Milo Baughman sofa.  

No comments:

Post a Comment