home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Monday, June 14, 2010

In Loving Memory

Western Art and Design has never been my style of choice.  Call it rebelling against my roots, but the over the top guns, taxidermy, and often brutal imagery have not found a way into my designs yet.  But my grandfather passed away on Friday.  He was an amazing person, born in Colorado in 1919, his Danish mother barely spoke English but managed to have 7 children, my grandfather the second oldest and last to go.  His life is a collection of stories that are fit for a Western movie.  He stopped a buggy from flying off the edge of a cliff, he brought home a skinned and still moving rattler that was in his horse's path, he let me steer the truck on country roads when I was too young to see over the wheel without sitting in his lap, he shot off two of his fingers while cleaning a shotgun (now that is a lesson!).  With my grandfather in mind, I have revisited my roots and the life my grandfather loved and found some pieces that may make their way into my design.







Faux Taxidermy - Bud would understand that I can't do the real thing.






Grey Ghost
Medium: photography
Surface: paper
Dimensions: 14" w x 11" h x " d






No comments:

Post a Comment