home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Monday, June 7, 2010

Orange in All Shades

Lately I have been seeing a lot of orange love (and I am not talking about Tennesse fans) on blogs and in magazines.  I also have an orange passion, I did a post on orange and grey and my logo displays that combination proudly.  Here are some more ode d' orange.



My former boss, Michael Smith, says this about orange in his book, Houses"there's a terrific book, The Decorator by Florence de Dampierre, in which practically every decorator declares he doesn't like orange.  So, of course, I decided to paint a room orange, the color of an Hermes box.  It was incredible to look down the hall and see this glow, like a James Turrell light effect.  But I must admit it was super-uncomfortable to be in.  So I'm probably not going to advise someone to choose orange.  Maybe a pumpkin or pale melon in an entrance hall or gallery, but not in a bedroom.  Orange is tricky."



From the Right Bank in collaboration with Down and Out Chic has monthly "Orange Crush" posts.





House Beautiful Best Shades of Orange



CALIFORNIA PAINTS PUMPKIN 16




Elle Decor Mad About Saffron



Brunschwig Les Animaux Warp Print linen-polyester blend available through CKID





Bookmark and Share







No comments:

Post a Comment