home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A {Frugal} Fix

IMG_1867  

Have I ever told you I love clearance & scratch ‘n dent items?  Well just  in case you missed that, I DO! ;)  One reason being that I love to give new life to otherwise discarded items to make them beautiful and/or functional once again.  Finding something for little of nothing and then making it look fantabulous is  a natural high for me.  LOVE.

IMG_0841 

Enter these candle holders.  I picked them up for a tiny bit of $ because of the obvious damage.  But I love the chunky shape, slightly aged appearance plus they are sturdy and heavy.

  IMG_1890

Add a little hot glue, jute and paint…

I first wrapped the jute twine around the cracked areas then stenciled the numbers on.  I decided on the month Mr. Husband and I were married and my two little’s birth months. Very Important Months. :)

IMG_1898  IMG_1899

I really love how they turned out.  Just a little reminder to grab those {not so perfect} items that others may walk by and make them perfect for you.

Linking up…

Photobucket
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

 

 

 

 

 

 

      Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest

 itssiveryCREATIVE125-W                                  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment