home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Monday, August 30, 2010

Mini Skull Vase Fillers {a pb knock off}

IMG_1840

I know it is a little early for Halloween, but I am hosting a party this year so I have been working on a few projects to get ready.  I don’t know if you saw the Mini Skull Vase Fillers in the PB catalog, but I quite liked them.  So you can only imagine my excitement when I found these skulls at the dollar store! 

IMG_1837  IMG_1839 

I got a pack of like 8-10 for $1.  They were a little smaller and brighter than the PB ones, but very similar.  To tone down the whiteness I put the skulls, along with some brown acrylic paint and a little water in a Ziploc baggy.  I mixed them around and moved them about so they were coated with the paint and then let them dry on a paper towel. So very easy.

IMG_1841

I simply placed them in an apothecary jar with Spanish moss and finished it off with a rustic tag I stamped.  Who’d ever guess it only set me back a couple bucks?  And did you check out the price on PB’s?  Mmm Hm.

Thank you Pottery Barn.  Thank you dollar store.  Happy Halloween. ;)

Linking up …

Sawdust and Paper Scraps “Everything Halloween” Party!!

get-your-craft-on

Photobucket
 

No comments:

Post a Comment