home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Autumn Owl Vignette

IMG_0144 

I am loving my little Autumn Vignette.  Isn’t the little owl cute?  I got a lot of slack from my family when I brought him home last year, but I quite like him.  I have him nestled on top of my antique storage box {I scored for $2!} with some 75cent thrift store candle holders.  Backed by some clearance mirrors, each about $1, and a old fall leaf garland.

IMG_0152 IMG_0142

You’ll also see a grapevine pumpkin I have had for years and my newly revamped Autumn sign.  If you missed it’s little makeover you can see it HERE.  I love hanging things from this lamp.  It has a tall base which gives me room to hang unconventional decor from it, like my Egg Basket from last Spring

I used some books to help vary the heights in my display.  Layering and varying heights in your vignettes is a must.  This not only shows off your pieces, but also gives a flow to your display to make it pleasing to the eye.

*A couple quick tips for arranging accessories… Vary your heights and colors in such a way that your eye easily follows the flow.  Also, leave some space for the eye to rest.  I like to have a variety of textures and elements that compliment each other. Group like items and try to add interest and your own style.  Play around with your layout and make it feel good to you, that is most important.

IMG_0146 IMG_0146 IMG_0144

Having displays like this around your home gives warmth and character to your home which makes your guests feel at ease.  Most important though, is how it makes you feel.  If you love something and it reflects you, that is what matters most.  Creating a home that is ‘you’ and that makes you and your family comfortable and  happy is {in my opinion} the best decorating plan to follow. :)

Hooked on Houses Fall Open House

Photobucket
fallfest 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment