home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Friday, May 21, 2010

Creating Some Height

IMG_1013  
I am changing a few things in my kitchen dinette.  We have a computer armoire in the corner of my photo wall.  My ceilings are quite high, so I like to add some height in this corner and I am growing a little bored of the way it is now. (could it be the fact that there is still a tree up there from Christmas that I carried out through winter? nah. ;)  So, I decided to get crafty and make an tall twig thingy.  Into the craft abyss I ventured…
   IMG_0992
I needed something with some weight for my base.  I found this super lovely Halloween votive holder and filled it with rocks from my yard.  I then covered it in, da da ta da… MOSS!  Next, I took some birch twigs I had and placed them evenly around the moss base with hot glue. 
IMG_1014
Once in place I tried some ribbon around the base.  This adds more support for the twigs and some pretty.
IMG_1011IMG_1015
I then stuck some more moss inside on top of the rocks and even bits of moss up on a few of  the twigs.  This was easy, fast and FREE.  Can’t wait to show you where it ends up. :) 
I made another one with curly willow that I will share with ya  later.  I hope y’all have a fantabulous weekend!
Check out these links…
UndertheTableandDreaming
http://decormamma.blogspot.com/2010/05/frugalicious-friday-giveawaythirty-one.html
 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment