home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Global Influx

In the June Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles there is an article titled, Global Influx.  Global influences are an inspiration to me and something I include in all my designs.  I am happy to see that Atlanta is welcoming global touches into traditionally southern design.  Some of you may remember my post on Florence Broadhurst and it looks as if others are taking notice as well.  Verde Home has Broadhurst collection rugs like this one.



John Robshaw, the King of Indian Textiles, also gets a mention in Global Influx.  A longtime favorite of mine is, Lanka Oyster.


An always popular global touch is the moroccan pouf, John Derian being a front-runner.


Pillows are the number one way to introduce a global touch without fear of going overboard.  Below are my picks.  










You can also be globally responsible and purchase baskets made by Rwandan women at http://www.rwandabaskets.com/.












No comments:

Post a Comment