home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Photographic Windows

Photography is one of my favorite mediums, photographs are windows to a view that I don't have.  I have felt particularly drawn to large photographs of bodies of water as of late.  Now that I am living in landlocked Atlanta, I suppose that desire is for the beach I left behind.  You hear of people growing up near a beach and never being able to live away from one, I had mountains and lakes, but not beaches.  After 10 years in Los Angeles, I probably visited the beach a shockingly few number of times.  But now that its been taken away, I feel that a part of me is missing.  The part where the ocean meets the shore.  

Malibu, CA


Santa Monica, CA


St. John, USVI


Clearwater, FL


Rinko Kawauchi photograph hung low in David Lawrence designed room featured in Domino March 2006. 


Marine Hugonnier photograph in House Beautiful August 2009




Thursday by Marine Hugonnier




Towards Tomorrow by Marine Hugonnier


Zen 0494 by Lawrence Beck




Zen 0032 by Lawrence Beck




No comments:

Post a Comment