home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Design ADAC decompression

As many of you know, Design ADAC was last week.  It was a power-packed three days in heels.  I stopped by over a dozen showrooms, revisiting the current and looking over new products.  The speakers were well selected and informed.  I was one of 50 people in a hands-on workshop taught by decorative finish guru Amy Howard.

Really proud of my little water gilded trim piece, but what should I do with it?




T. Botero Galleries sparked my interest in modern French art, selling to the trade only, so get yourself a designer!



I was pleased how metropolitan the Ernest Gaspard showroom is in the sea of southern beige.  They carry a favorite, Arte Wallcovering, including the Bohemien collection, shown below.



Continuing on the big bold wallpaper route, Osbourne & Little Banswara pulled me into Grizzel & Mann.  They have an entire, inspired wall covered in this, the wall was enough to keep me from looking at the little biscuit and ham sandwiches on the table.  


Also in Grizzel & Mann, is the collection of one of my absolute favorite designers, Kathryn Ireland (I was just a few raffle tickets away from a stay in her French country house at a charity event last fall, so close!)  Kathryn does great lampshades covered in fabric.  This is a great way to add a lot of style without a lot of money (you could even do this yourself with a plastic shade, carefully).
Kathryn Ireland lampshade covered in Ikat Stripe


Closing out the events, was superstar designer, John Saladino.  After his well-curated presentation on his book and California home, he signed copies of Villa by John Saladino.  Isn't it every designers dream to publish a book on their own home?  While signing my copy, I mentioned that we had someone in common, Michael Smith, who worked for Saladino before going it alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment