home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fun Finds

The Thrifting Gods were good to me this week. ;)  First, I went to a cool consignment shop in town that I didn’t even know was a consignment shop!  Where have I been?  Anyway, I have wanted to find a letter “N” (for our last name) from an old sign or something, to add to our home.  I found this lovely chippy N and was so excited!

                          IMG_1016 IMG_1017

I was even more excited to hear that it came off the building of the store, which used to be a clothing store that my parents shopped at! So cool!  As you may know I love things that tell a story and now I have a little piece of history from our city!  I know, it doesn’t take much to excite me. ;)

                          IMG_0983   IMG_0982
Next, I got this lovely item at the thrift store for $5.  It was already pretty cute, but I decided to paint it in good ol’ Oil Rubbed Bronze.  I added a little tag I made and filled it with some ‘stuff’.  I’m still deciding if I am satisfied with how it looks…I might rough it up a bit and I may change the insides.  But, that’s the fun of it, right?

IMG_1018
                             IMG_1019  IMG_1021

Oh, and this lamp shade for $2!  I needed one for a thrift store lamp I am revamping, or should I say, “re-lamping”.  (Hahaha, seriously, I am a dork.)  It is in excellent condition.  I am not sure exactly how she will end up….stay tuned.:)

IMG_0984

Happy thrifting to you and I hope you all have a great weekend!  I am headed for a night out with Mr. Husband…YAY!
Linking up…

DebbieDoos 


Photobucket






No comments:

Post a Comment