home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Friday, April 16, 2010

Advice Issue

I just received my copy of House Beautiful "the Big Advice Issue".  So in honor of this lovely magazine, one of the few shelter magazines that remains, this is an "Abridged Advice Post" on A Curated Lifestyle.  Feel free to email me your questions and I may answer in a future post.    
WINDOWCOVERINGS: Curtains should be simple, with simple hardware.  Even if you buy premade curtains, have a workroom line the curtains for fullness and substance.


SOFA: Low arms and deep seats for comfort.  I think an English Arm is perfect for this and George Smith does the best.   


Domino March 2006
PILLOWS: More than 2, less than 10, usually.  


Domino September 2005
COLOR: Use at least one brightly colored object in a room.  A vase, a frame, even flowers, or a throw. 










No comments:

Post a Comment