home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Monday, April 12, 2010

Painted Cupboards



I have decided to paint my kitchen.  It is an awful shade of pea soup green. The walls are to be a great warm-white-grey (Benjamin Moore Seapearl 961).  This color will be good because it is not too stark, it coordinates with the existing trim, and the warmth in it will help the existing coolness of the kitchen (white counters and white tile floors).  While next to all  the other colors in my fanbook Seapearl looks demure, I am certain that on the walls it will make more of a statement.  So now to the topic of this post, painting the insides of cupboards.  To increase the warmth and as an excuse to use a bright color, I will paint the inside of my cabinets, all of the uppers are open or have glass doors, so this is perfect (you can also do this with solid doors, it is more subtle and a surprise when open).  I want to use a yellow, but I have not decided on the exact shade.  Also, I need to decide if I paint the shelves (with oil-based paint) for maximum impact or leave them as is -white.









Michael Bastian Domino

No comments:

Post a Comment