home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Someone’s Trash {is My Treasure}

IMG_0643 

When I shared my Spring Mantel with you, I received a few comments about this cute little pot thingy.  I found it at thrift store for $2!  Even through the built up grime, dirt and unattractiveness {my daughter was seriously gagging}, I saw it’s potential for sweetness.

IMG_0443

Here is her before shot.  Mind you this is after I scrubbed, disinfected and sanitized it. Twice.   Ok, thrice. ;)

I decided to paint it out in Heirloom White.  My first thought was black, but it’s Spring so I’m feeling like I want to  lighten things up.

Once I got a couple coats on, I decided the lid needed to be Oil Rubbed Bronze.  So I sprayed the lid to give it more of a metal look.  And I liked!

Once the base was dry, I sanded & then got out my antiquing glaze to bring out the detail in the wood plastic. A simple step but a huge impact.

IMG_0600 IMG_0620

I glazed it once and felt like I still didn’t love the look.  So I mixed my glaze with a little green and slapped in on again.  Much betta!  I glazed my little birdies too.

IMG_0649 IMG_0657

 I changed out the original metal knob for a little glass knob I had, and she was complete.  I’m quite pleased with her new look.  As the saying goes… One person’s trash is another’s treasure. :)

Oh, and Kammy @ Small Home in the Country picked up my pot’s big sister! (along with some other great finds!)  I can’t wait to see what she does with hers. :)

Sharing today…

Visit thecsiproject.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment