home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Why I Love Atlanta

Spring has hit Atlanta hard.  We were gone for three days and upon our return our yard and neighborhood have been transformed.  The little green buds have turned into full blown leaves.  The weeds grew 7 inches in 3 days - seriously 7 inches.  The black ants are out in full force and it is hot.  So before it gets too hot and humid and I begin cursing my decision to move to the south from too-perfect weather in Los Angeles I wanted to document the reasons for loving my current city.



1- The people are nice.  Really.

2- It does not take long to get to the grocery store, bank, or local pub.  Although I don't know why there is only one freeway through the city.

3- Abundance of free parking.

4- All the parks.  Flowering trees and all over greenness.  Palm trees are great, but Atlanta is GREEN.

5- There are a lot of beer-centric establishments.  I guess that is the trade for the lack of wine bars.

6- It is less expensive, it is a lot harder to find a $15 martini in Atlanta.

7- The neighborhood festivals.  I have heard that the Inman Park Festival is the place to be in a couple weeks.

8- You can see the stars, yes now the city is covered in a sheet of chartreuse pollen and we have lost our view of Midtown, but before that I could see the stars.

9- I have a house with a yard and not barely a one-bedroom apartment with a concrete slab.

10- The weather, okay, this actually scares me but I am practicing the power of positive thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment