home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekday Dinner Party

I have been very busy and a last minute trip to Tampa this weekend has made me neglectful of A Curated Lifestyle.  Tomorrow I will be in a tax seminar all day, but I have invited friends over for dinner.  I am excited to have a big dining table so I have been hosting meals at my house regularly.  My plan for dinner tomorrow is this: individual turkey meatloaf, smashed potatoes, asparagus with lemon, and green onion biscuits.  I chose this menu because:



1. Time - Since it is a weeknight meal I needed something quick, hence the individual meatloaf that take less time to cook and smashed instead of mashed potatoes. 

2. Time - Everything is combine and cook, no messing around with adding ingredients later or adjusting temperature midway through.

3. Time - I can make the meatloaf the night before, cover and bake when I get home before the party.  I can mix the biscuit ingredients tonight and bake tomorrow (the recipe calls for rolling them out and using a biscuit cutter - I am going to just drop a spoonful of the batter on the sheet and bake)

4. Cost - This is a simple and classic menu, there are not a lot of ingredients required and they are inexpensive.

5. Simplicity - I have made everything before, so I know the steps and know there aren't any surprises in the recipes.

6. TASTE - For a wide variety of palates of friends that I have not cooked for before, this is a meal that few would find fault with.  These dishes taste great and will please everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment