home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Custom Clearance Pillow

IMG_0584

I found this pillow a while ago on clearance at TJ Maxx.  Let’s pause for a moment and give a round of applause for TJ Maxx clearance…LOVE.  Ok, sorry moving on.  It was $3 so of course I had to grab it, right?  Well, it’s been hanging around a bit and I finally got around to customizing it the way I had envisioned.  I took my gorgeous ribbon and I was going to tie a simple sash around it, but when I was looking for my thread ( yes, thread. I think that is the first time I have used that word on my blog) I found this cool little buckle thingy.  It came in an old sewing kit I found at a yard sale.

IMG_0585

Needless to say, my plans changed.  I did a simple stitch to secure the ribbon end, then wrapped it around the pillow and thread it through the buckle.  Then I stitched again under the buckle to attach this end to the pillow.  As you notice I did not share any pictures of the actual “stitching” because I have sort of made up the Krista stitch and it’s not really pretty nor is there a  method to it other than ‘Make it Stay’. ;)

 IMG_0596 IMG_0597 

There you go.  My clearance pillow turned custom pillow.  $3 and 5 minutes.  Not sure where she is going to live, but I’ll find a spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment