home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Super Seventies Sofa

Okay, so I did a post about a sofa I purchased on CL here.  It needs to be finished and moved inside soon so that we can use our screen porch because it is getting HOT.  So last week I wiped it down and vacuumed, glued the veneer where I could and put a coat of poly on.  A little TLC made a big and I thought I would share the progress photos with you.  Still loads of work to be done, but it is paying off.

BEFORE






AFTER


Next step is a light sand, another coat of poly, leg work, a new undercarriage fabric, and getting cushions made.  I think I might leave the original black leather as is for now instead of replacing it with the cushion fabric.  The veneer also needs to be repaired/ replaced in some areas to which I have no experience.  But I will learn as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment