home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I am So Proud

I wanted to share with you a DIY by my amazing client (the one that sewed her own bed skirt in this post). Unfortunately I didn't get any professional photos of the office/sitting room off of the master bedroom, because this room has two of the best DIY projects I have seen.



First, let me show you a before photo of the chairs that she inherited from her grandmother.  Nice shape, but plain, grandmotherly chairs.  


Now, the after photo.  Fresh, fun and interesting.  I had been eyeing that fabric at Lewis & Sheron for some time - I love a horizontal stripe.  The paint is Benjamin Moore Castleton Mist - a tangy pale green/yellow.  What a difference paint and fabric make!


Now, the desk.  A great find by me on Craigslist.  Unfortunately I do not have a before photo, but it was a hazy-leap-of-faith to send my client into the northern suburbs for this awesome find.  Add that to a handy husband who refinished the desk into the glowing piece of furniture it is now.  


This client was not kidding about their penchant for DIY.  Lucky for me they also had extreme talent.  




No comments:

Post a Comment