home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Recipe Wrangler

A few weeks ago, Katie at you are what you eat or reheat did a post on her out of control recipe collection titled I have a problem.  I didn't comment on her post, mostly out of embarrassment of my own extremely compulsively organized collection.  But as I sit here sorting and dividing my recipes I have collected the past month, maybe some of you will appreciate my over-organization that often brings teasing from those around me.  And yes my MSI friends, I did just clean my desk.



1. Gather recipes (make sure you have complete recipe if pulled from a magazine).  You will need a three-ring binder and scissors.

2. Cut individual recipes out from pages, some images I keep.

3. Separate recipes by type - I use the following categories: Drinks, Breakfast, Apps/Salads/Side Dishes, Main, Dessert, Other (bread, dressings, etc).



4. Use magnetic pages (thats what they are called, but they are sticky with a clear cover) to paste your extracted recipes.  I like to work out placement before pealing back the cover and pasting.  I also use plastic sleeves for keeping whole pages.

5. Pat yourself on the back and enjoy the ease of finding a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment