home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This Room is Following Me

In my research for Monday's post, an image kept popping up from Cote de Texas.  In every single search I did, no matter what the subject, this image came up.  I thought that it was a little funny yesterday, but when this same room showed up again today, it became downright peculiar.









The lucky owner of this apartment is Carolina Irving, who has a obsession-worthy line of fabrics and whose apartment I wish was mine.  The neutral upholstery on top of a simple chic dhurrie and tons of worldly perfectly-colored fabrics and a collection books.  Love.  This is an apartment that you want to hang out in and talk about what country to visit next.  I could go on and on about my love of Carolina and her apartment.

On StyleBeat yesterday, there was Carolina's apartment again.  "Heeellllooooo, you can't escape me."  This time her apartment made the cover of Rooms to Inspire in the City: Stylish Interiors for Urban Living by Annie Kelly and Tim Street-Porter from their Rooms series by Rizzoli.






Carolina's fabrics are available at Hollywood at Home.  Hollywood at Home is owned by a favorite designer of mine, Peter Dunham, who also does this travelled look so well.  


And for my final Carolina connection, she styled the Elle Decor shoot for Michael Smith's New York apartment.  For those of you that don't know, Michael used to be my boss and I was the designer in charge of his homes before I moved to Atlanta and worked on this shoot (via Los Angeles).








No comments:

Post a Comment