home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Mercantile: Why Didn't I Visit Sooner

Yesterday I stopped into The Mercantile on Dresden Road.  They have beautiful ads and even mentioned me on their blog some time ago and I have had every intention of visiting, so why did it take me six months?  After seconds of walking into the store, I realized that this is one of my favorite stores in Atlanta, it only took seconds.  Not only do they carry some of my favorite lines like George Smith and Bradley-Hughes, owner (and recent Grand Prize Bath Winner in Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles July Issue) Barbara Heath has an amazing eye and couldn't be nicer.  All this wrapped into one and I am surprised that they can keep product in the store.



One of my favorite chair shapes from George Smith, available at The Mercantile.


Bradley-Hughes "Lucille" available at The Mercantile.  They have one in stock -it's amazing.




Barbara and I had a lovely chat about Swank Lighting and Vintage Murano lamps, ask her to tell you the story about "the find" when you stop in.  




Works by Elizabeth Stockton available at The Mercantile


Do not think that because you are not in the market for home furnishings that this store does not have anything for you.  The Mercantile has a large selection of products big and small and they participate in registries, so wedding guests delight that you won't have to buy a salad spinner.  


Bookmark and Share







No comments:

Post a Comment