home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

NapaStyle {Inspired} Makeover

storesHROPhoto NapaStyle.com     

I know I have talked about my trip to Napa Valley more than once.  “Ok, Krista.  We get it!  You loved Napa!”  So, here I go again… One of the fun shops we visited was NapaStyle.  It is a beautiful and unique store/deli with decor items, gifts and delicious goods.  I could have spent hours in there, tasting and browsing.  So fun!  Anyway, they have a website and catalog as well.  I love most everything in there, but these pieces caught my eye because I had a chest in need of some TLC.

wine barrel Napastyle50017

I love the rustic look of them and the idea of using unconventional items for tables, like the wine barrel above.  I know it is just a replica, but until I can find the perfect antique wine barrel with the original stamp on the side, in all it’s rustic charm,  for a STEAL, my version will have to do. ;)  I would really love to do something like the wine storage trunk on the right, but for now it is in my maybeonedayIcoulddothis vault.  Moving on…

 IMG_1516

Here is the before.  My Grandma bought this for me right before I got married so he’s been around for the last 11 years or so. {I’m feeling old}  He has been abused a bit so I knew I either had to stain or paint the ol’ guy.  Here are the after shots.

IMG_1522    IMG_1553IMG_1537IMG_1528  IMG_1535   IMG_1523

I used a gel stain called hickory and then traced an outline with a stencil of the words I wanted on the back.  I then filled them in with a paint brush.  I love the lettering on the back!!  The new look of this trunk adds a lot of character and warmth to our family room.  It wasn’t a super timely or difficult project, but I think it makes an impact.  I am defiantly pleased with the turn out.  Plus the fact that I have wanted to do this for MONTHS and it is now completed is the best part. I am  hoping I have inspired you to gather inspiration!  Warmest Wishes!

IMG_1522

***Just wanted to share a custom order arrangement I recently created.  I borrowed it for ‘staging’ purposes and now it’s off to it’s owner. ;)

IMG_1544 IMG_1543 IMG_1540

Linking up with these fine folks…

Visit thecsiproject.com giveawaysFrugaliciouFridaybutton-1
 

No comments:

Post a Comment