home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Friday, March 5, 2010

Artist: Beth Lilly

Last night I went to the Opening Reception at Hagedorn Foundation Gallery.  I met Beth Lilly, you had 8 pieces of art displayed.  Each piece had three images with a question attached.  Beth began to tell me more about her project, Oracle @ WiFi.  Over three years, on the 7th day of the month, she would accept calls from the public, callers would have a specific question in mind, but could not let Beth know what that question was.  She would take three photos for them and email the results to the caller.  Only then would the question be revealed.  She describes it much better than I do on her website.  When looking at the images below, remember that the artist did not know the question before she took the photos.



What will the Earth look like in 50 years?



















What about my writing?















Did our mother put a hex or curse on the house?

















Will my boyfriend and I remain together and end up being married?



















My husband and I are seperated and pending a divorce.  My question is am I going to be ok and what does my future hold?



















If you want to see more of these series and learn more about this project, please visit bethlilly.com







No comments:

Post a Comment