home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Monday, March 22, 2010

Frank in Georgia, Robert Green?

Twice this weekend on separate occasions I was told of Frank Lloyd Wright houses in Georgia.  Growing up in the west, I knew of Taliesin West and the houses in California and of course the places in the midwest, but never thought of Georgia as being FLW country.  In my brief research for this post, I could not come up with a reference to Wright building or designing a home in Georgia.  I did come across Atlanta based architect, Robert Green.  Mr. Green was the last architect to study with Wright before his death.  Mr. Green continued in the the Frank Lloyd Wright style until he passed away in 2003.  I wonder if the houses that people are attributing to Wright were in fact designed and built by Green.  Does anyone have any further insights or knowledge if Wright did design houses in Georgia?  Images below are houses designed by Robert Green in Atlanta area.  Very different from typical southern architecture.







More Information:

http://www.jetsetmodern.com/green.htm

http://www.modusmodern.com/robertgreen/

No comments:

Post a Comment