home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Food and Restaurant Sites



I love food (beer and wine too).  I enjoying trying new cuisines and usually request my dining partner orders something so I can have a taste.  That said, I also have my food reservations, for example while I think it is great that offal has become a movement, I don't want to try it.  I also really don't like anything that lives in the water, I am trying, but there are taste/textures issues that I have had since I was a kid.  I also try to eat vegetarian as much as possible, I think all beings deserve to live and die peacefully.  But I do enjoy the taste of a cheeseburger or barbecue.  Food choices are hard these days.  Here are some of the websites I have been reading to get me up to speed in Atlanta.  These are websites that post reviews and comments of people that love food, because not everyone does.  Some people are quite content with Olive Garden.  To each her own.  Also, thank you to everyone who has recommended places to me already, I have not been disappointed with a single suggestion.



Chowhound - This did not have a separate "Atlanta" board when I moved here.  There is now.  And it is great for California.



Foodie Buddha - This site inspired this post, because I came across it today and wondered what else I should be reading.



Blissful Glutton - Jennifer Zyman is much less food inhibited that I am.



Atlanta Magazine - Dining section.  Luckily, when we were looking for a place to live in December before we moved, the "Best Of" issue was on stands.  I picked one up and consult it when looking for a particular cuisine.  Also check out the "Cheap Eats" article here.



Creative Loafing - Good for finding out all the restaurant happenings.



Where the Locals Eat - Found this site in research for this post, anything missing?



So what else should I be reading?





No comments:

Post a Comment