home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Monday, March 1, 2010

Large Art Options

I have a lot more walls in my house than I did in my last apartment.  So when we moved I was looking for large scale wall art options.  Here is what I found.



Rasterbator - This site will take your photo and turn it into a large scale PDF that you print at home.  Instant gratification.  You can take the printed photo pieces and tack them directly to the wall, frame them, or shellac them to canvas to create your custom art.  (The name is a little off-putting, isn't it?)  





DIY Vintage Sign - As seen on Apartment Therapy, this is complete DIY that would probably cost less than $20.  The only problem is deciding what to say.  A similar idea would be to paint the plywood with chalkboard paint, they come in so many colors now, and you could have a changeable sign.  Put a layer of magnetic paint on before the chalkboard paint and you can post cards, photos, and other pieces of inspiration.





Wall Murals - There are several sites to browse that will have inexpensive murals.  Wrap a whole room or just one wall.  You really wouldn't need much else.  Try to avoid anything that reminds you of a school or a dentist office.  I would use this on the wall behind my sofa in my living room.  Currently my living room has a African/ mid-century vibe (I'll post pictures when it looks complete) and I think this would be a perfect addition.  But as a designer, I have a hard time making decisions about my own home.



Canvas Pop - This site will take your photo and print it on a canvas size of your choosing.  I love the idea of a grainy, super pixelated landscape photo that looks like a mass of color up close.  Or a series of travel photos, maybe a collection of colored doors from Ireland or architectural details from your favorite city.

No comments:

Post a Comment