home picture
home
home luxuri
luxuri

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Moss Egg Basket


I am "eggs-tra" excited to share this little project with you. (sorry, I couldn't resist)  I love to make something special for little or no money and I love a challenge.  So when I heard about Living With Lindsay's $5 Challenge, I knew I was down...or up. ;)

The rules are:

- Create a new Spring decor item for your home using only $5 worth of items purchased at a dollar store – i.e. Dollar Tree, Dollar Store, Everything’s $1.00, etc. The $5 does not include sales tax.
- You may use the following supplies *if* you already have them on-hand – paint, glue, paper, fabric, tools.


I went to dollar tree and this is what I got.  A bag of moss,  (as some of you may know, I have a love of all things mossy!)  a bag of plastic eggs, jute twine and a little copper bucket.  Each $1.  I was going to use the egg sign and paint it, but I decided not to.  {I will show you what I did with it later.}

So my total cost was $4!


I painted the copper bucket with spray paint I already had.  Heirloom White, of course, and then put an atique glaze that I already had as well.  I then painted the eggs in a green spray paint I had to make them all the same and add a little texture to hold on the glue and, you guessed it...the moss!
 

Next, I wrapped my twine around the eggs in various ways and then put them in my cute little bucket.  I tied a little twine bow on the side and she was done!  A sweet and simple spring project for under $5.  Who would guess?









Gettin Linky with it...










giveaways

Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage




Categorically Crafting @ Someday Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment